PVT R.W. Peete

PVT. R.W. Peete
Nurnberg Post Stockade

U.S 53061646 APO 696 New York, NY

May 1951 - Jan. 1953

I received 45 letters between Apr. 1951 and Apr. 1952 .. at which time we discontinued corresponding..probably because I was dating, seeing other boys...and he had met a young German woman whom, his step-mother reported, he planned to bring back with him. Because of the things his sister told me I assumed all was lost between us. SO...it was with much surprise and joy that when he returned, alone, our feelings toward one another were the same as they had been when he left...or perhaps, even deeper...and we married 3 months later... and remained happily together for the next 58 years.


Friday, December 23, 2011

Letter No. 35

                               

Thursday 1 Nov 1951

   And what are you doing this lovely day? I am sitting in my new office with time on my hands and realizing that I've been lax in my letters to you, decided it would be a timely thing to write.
   Our Commanding Officer really bawled me out yesterday.  We call it by a different name in the Army but it isn't fit for a young ladies ears .  The Sgt. in charge of the department I'm connected with reported me for getting a man's given name wrong on a confinement order.  The mistake was definitely mine but he could have approached me and I would have rectified the error without the major's displeasure.  In truth, naught was accomplished, the major was displeased, I was disgusted and the situation still existed.  I  suppose the Sgt made a few pointers with the major but before I left work last night,  the major called me in and  told me not to take what he had said too seriously.  I didn't...I make mistakes, lots of them, that just proves I'm human, but truthfully, I can't concentrate on my work..  Reason, I'm always and forever thinking of you and believe me, darling, I don't intend to forget you.
   This is a little abrupt but that "time on my hands" has terminated.  So until next time be good and have fun.
Love and Kisses Bob
               

No comments:

Post a Comment